- Jul 28, 2020
ESET Endpoint Security is a complete anti-virus security app that aims to provide the company's computers with uncompromising overall protection. The application comes with protection against all types of existing threats, such as viruses, malware, worms, spyware, and rootkits. It is a complete protection software solution designed for business environments, ESET Endpoint Security.
Quite interesting is the fact that ESET Endpoint Security is remotely manageable via a web-based console named ESET Remote Administrator and can detect OS X and Windows threats on both platforms. The app comes with a component-based installation that provides the freedom to choose the user of the specific component to consider necessary, but it is strongly recommended that users stick with all of them and turning them off later if they find them to be unnecessary.
ESET Endpoint Security is low on resources, very prompt, and fast when it comes to virus detection. Regardless of the fact of a user having used ESET apps in the past or not, ESET Endpoint Security's interface is nothing short of user-friendly, which will make any Windows user feel quite at home. With the help of its comprehensive set of security features like anti-phishing, web control, and a two-way firewall, email client, and web access protection, ESET Endpoint Security blocks unauthorized devices that may present themselves as threats, protects computers from phishing attempts, limit access towards networks, and provides anti-hacker protection.
ESET Endpoint Security has struck a delicate balance between resource consumption, protection capabilities, and user-friendliness. There is no doubt that ESET Endpoint Security is a business-orientated security solution that offers uncompromising protection for using computers.
Spoiler: Key features:
- Redesigned user interface;
- Antivirus and antispyware;
- Regular updates;
- ESET LiveGrid® (Cloud-powered Reputation);
- Remote management;
- Network attack protection;
- Web control (ESET Endpoint Security only).
What is new in version 7.3.2044.0 (Released in October 2020):
- Fixed: Incomplete exclusion definition process with Potentially Unwanted or Unsafe applications in multi-file archives by their hash-value;
- Fixed: Full-text search in lists of advanced setup screens would miss some entries occasionally;
- Fixed: Custom log filtering in Cyrillic records is strictly case-sensitive;
- Added: Support for updated module of ESET Enterprise Inspector with version 1.5.
- Fixed: Random kernel crashes and instabilities, observable as user interface restarts and/or crash dumps present in the diagnostics folder;
- Fixed: Isolated problem with network connections that utilize Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) encapsulation and can be used to secure data traffic in various services like VPN, RDP, or SMB;
- Fixed: Incorrect visual representation of quarantined files list with a large number of entries;
- Fixed: Unfilled string variables in the Audit log.
- Fixed: Scheduler would not resume repetitive tasks where first execution time-frame was missed;
- Fixed: Incorrect PCU settings conversion during an upgrade in Japan region builds;
- Fixed: Endpoint preventing un-installation of ESMC Agent;
- Improved: Recovery ability of the installer to ignore specific registry errors during upgrade.
- Advanced machine learning is an advanced layer of protection that improves detection based on machine learning. Read more about this type of protection in the Glossary. The Detection engine setup no longer provides ON/OFF switches as for version 7.1 and below. ON/OFF buttons are replaced with four thresholds - "Aggressive," "Balanced," "Cautious" and "Off";
- Latvian localization added;
- Changes to exclusions. Performance exclusions allow users to exclude files and folders from scanning. Detection exclusions will enable a user to exclude objects from cleaning using the detection name, path, or its hash;
- New HIPS program module includes Deep Behavioral Inspection, which analyzes the behavior of all programs running on the computer and warns you if the behavior of the process is malicious. Find more about HIPS in our help pages;
- Configurable interactive alerts allow a user to adjust behavior for configurable interactive alerts (for example, hide the "Restart recommended" alert on endpoint machines).
OS: Microsoft Windows® 7 SP1 with latest Windows updates (at least KB4474419 and KB4490628), Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10 (both 32 & 64-bit);
Microsoft Windows® XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported for version 7;
CPU: 32-bit (x86) processor with SSE2 instruction set or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GHz or higher;
RAM: 0.3 GB of free system memory;
HDD: 1 GB of free disk space
Minimum display resolution: 1024x768;
Internet connection or a local area network connection to a source of product updates.
1. Run the executable file or command-line interpreter program for silent installation;
Virus free! No virus signature! 100% clean!
Download links - version 7.3.2044.0 (Size: 229.76 MB):